Samsung Galaxy S2: Upgrade to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean CM10 custom ROM
Samsung Galaxy S2 is one of the most-selling high end Android devices available in the market today. With its size and super-impressive price, it is yet preferred over many a devices in the league. We bring a custom ROM upgrade for Samsung Galaxy S2 which is based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via the Jelly King CM10 custom ROM.
Important Note: This Firmware is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would adive you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for layman users, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgradation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and donot miss even a single step.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for Samsung Galaxy S2
- First of all make sure that your device is Samsung Galaxy S2 (I9100).(Check at Settings> About Phone). Donot try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- Also, this upgrade can only be executed on unlocked boot loader devices, and is not for devices which have model number I9100.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your Galaxy S2 is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now th important step,enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your Galaxy S2 is now ready for upgradation to Jellybean 4.1.2
- First of all, download the
- Jelly King CM 10 for the I9100G (Jelly King v 1.5.zip, 357.7 MB)
- SuperSU fix (SuperSU_Fixed.zip, MD5sum: 5f7f0ae906ad9fb7d2235ad69ec5cad0)
on your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folder to the SD card using USB cable.
- Now disconnect you device from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now Press Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). Keeping holding them and switch on your Mobile using Power Key.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, Select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from sd card” >> “choose zip from internal sd card”.
- Then select the zipped folder(Jelly King first, then Super SU fix) you’ve downloaded and your Phone will start upgrading.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your cellphone.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to CM10 based ROM. Enjoy your Galaxy S2 with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below