Samsung Galaxy Reverb : How to Install Android Marshmallow
Samsung Galaxy Reverb was one of beginning level Android based mobile phones available in the market which was running Android Gingerbread. It has been over 4 years that it was released as the flagship device. It got lots of upgrade from Android Developers in the form of Custom ROM Firmwares. And, if you own a Samsung Galaxy Reverb then you are the right place because we are posting about upgrade to Android Marshmallow. If you want to upgrade to Android Marshmallow 6.0, all you need to do is just check out this post carefully. And, you will be able to can install the latest firmware.
Important Note: This Firmware is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would advice you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for layman users, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgradation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and do not miss even a single step.
Samsung Galaxy Reverb : Pre-Upgradation Steps
- First of all make sure that your device is Samsung Galaxy Reverb (Check at Settings> About Phone). Do not try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- Also, this upgrade can only be executed on unlocked boot loader devices, and is not for devices which have model number Samsung Galaxy Reverb only.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your Samsung Galaxy Reverb is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now th important step,enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your Samsung Galaxy Reverb is now ready for upgradation to Marshmallow 6.0
- First of all, download the Firmware Package on your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folder to the SD card using USB cable.
- Now disconnect you device from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now Press Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). Keeping holding them and switch on your Mobile using Power Key.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, Select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from sd card” >> “choose zip from internal sd card”.
- Then select the zipped folder you’ve downloaded and your Phone will start upgrading.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your cellphone.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to Android Marshmallow. Enjoy your cellphone with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.