Micromax Canvas 2 : Upgrade to Cynus 2 Jellybean Custom ROM
Micromax Canvas 2 can now be upgraded to Jellybean based custom Android ROM. Many thanks to Mobistel, who have announced this upgrade for Micromax Canvas 2. The name of the rom is Cynus 2. All you need to do is just do some easy-to-follow steps and you will be upgraded easily. Before you upgrade, this is not official ROM for Micromax Canvas 2. It is a custom ROM with many extra features which will be helpful. However, we ourselves have checked this firmware.
Important Note: This Firmware is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would advice you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for layman users, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgradation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and donot miss even a single step.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for Micromax Canvas 2
- First of all make sure that your device is Micromax Canvas 2 A110 Contract(Check at Settings> About Phone). Donot try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- Also, this upgrade can only be executed on unlocked boot loader devices, and is not for devices which have model number A110.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your Micromax Canvas 2 A110 is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now th important step,enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your Micromax Canvas 2 A110 is now ready for upgradation to Jellybean 4.1.2
- First of all, download the Cynus 2 firmware on your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folder to the SD card using USB cable.
- Now disconnect you device from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now Press Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). Keeping holding them and switch on your Mobile using Power Key.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, Select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from sd card” >> “choose zip from internal sd card”.
- Then select the zipped folder you’ve downloaded and your Phone will start upgrading.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your cellphone.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to Cynus 2 Jellybean ROM. Enjoy your Micromax Canvas 2 with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.