Micromax A106 Unite 2 : Install Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 with CyanogenMod
Micromax A106 Unite 2 was an economic range Mobile Phone based on Android. It is a dual SIM phone and comes with Older version of Android i.e. KitKat 4.4.2. Powered by a 5 MP camera, its a decent phone with full value on money. Here is a step by step upgrade to Marshmallow 6.0.1 with CyanogenMod which will enhance it to new extents.
Important Note: This Firmware is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would advise you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for layman users, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgradation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and do not miss even a single step.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for Micromax A106 Unite 2
- First of all make sure that your device is Micromax A106 Unite 2.(Check at Settings> About Phone). Donot try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- Also, this upgrade can only be executed on unlocked boot loader devices, and is not for devices which have model other than Micromax A106 Unite 2.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your Micromax A106 Unite 2 is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now th important step,enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your Micromax A106 Unite 2 is now ready for upgradation to JetMOD3.
- First of all, download the ROM from the official development thread on your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folder to the SD card using USB cable.
- Now disconnect you device from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now Press Volume Up button + OK button (the middle button). Keeping holding them and switch on your Mobile using Power Key.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, Select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from sd card” >> “choose zip from internal sd card”.
- Then select the zipped folder you’ve downloaded and your Phone will start upgrading.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your cellphone.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to Marshmallow. Enjoy your Micromax A106 Unite 2 with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.