LG Optimus ME P350 : Upgrade to Jellybean 4.1.2 CM10 Firmware
If you are the owner of LG Optimus ME P350, then I have a good news for you. LG Optimus ME P350 can now upgrade with CyanogenMod10 or CM10. This ROM is officially available in selected countries but you can also upgrade your device by using the following instructions. LG Optimus ME P350 generally comes with Android FROYO as default operating system. There is no official gingerbread upgrade by LG. So follow the instruction and enjoy with new upgrade.
Important Note: This Firmware is taken from a very reliable source and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would advice you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
Have a look at this video
To make it easier for layman users, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgardation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and do not miss even a single step.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for LG Optimus ME P350
- First of all make sure that your device is LG Optimus ME P350.(Check at Settings> About Phone). Donot try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- Also, this upgrade can only be executed on unlocked boot loader devices.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your LG Optimus ME P350 is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now th important step,enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- First of all, download the Jellybean 4.1.2 CM10 on your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folder to the SD card of LG Optimus ME P350 using USB cable.
- Now disconnect your LG Optimus ME P350 from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now Press Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). Keeping holding them and switch on your Mobile using Power Key.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, Select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from sd card” >> “choose zip from internal sd card”.
- Then select the zipped folder you’ve downloaded (First ROM package then Google Apps) and your Phone will start upgrading.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your cellphone.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to Jellybean 4.1.2 CM10 Firmware. Enjoy your LG Optimus ME P350 with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.