LG Optimus 3D P920 :Upgrade to Jellybean 4.2 Firmware
LG Optimus 3D P920 was announced back in January 2011. It includes 3D LCD capacitive touchscreen 480×800 pixel, 4.3 inches, 8GB storage 512 MB RAM,camera Dual 5 MP, 2592х1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash and many other valuable features. Originally the company is providing LG Optimus 3D P920 with Android Froyo OS v2.2 which can be upgraded to v4.0. But yet the LG Optimus 3D P920 are waiting for a Jellybean Official Upgrade. So here we are giving you an alternative by upgrading to Jellybean 4.2 firmware.
Important Note: This Firmware is taken from a very reliable source and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would advice you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for layman users, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgradation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and donot miss even a single step.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for LG Optimus 3D
- First of all make sure that your device is LG Optimus 3D P920.(Check at Settings> About Phone). Donot try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- Also, this upgrade can only be executed on unlocked boot loader devices, and is not for devices which have model number P920.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that yourLG Optimus 3D is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now th important step,enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your LG Optimus 3D is now ready for upgradation to Jellybean 4.2 Firmware.
- First of all, download the Jellybean 4.2 Package for LG Optimus 3D P920 smartphone on your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folder to the SD card of LG Optimus 3D using USB cable.
- Now disconnect your LG Optimus 3D from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now Press Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). Keeping holding them and switch on your Mobile using Power Key.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, Select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from sd card” >> “choose zip from internal sd card”.
- Then select the zipped folder you’ve downloaded (First ROM package then Google Apps) and your Phone will start upgrading.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your cellphone.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to Jellybean 4.2 Firmware. Enjoy your LG Optimus 3D with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.