Install Android Marshmallow 6.0 on HTC One XL–Complete Guide
Android Marshmallow 6.0 can now be pushed to HTC One XL by using custom ROM CyanogenMod 13. XDA based developer recently rolled out custom ROM AOKP Build 4 for HTC One XL that can update your device to the latest Android Marshmallow 6.0. The new released CyanogenMod 13 is based on Android Marshmallow 6.0 and comes with all customization that we used to see in previous build. We summed up a detail installation tutorial on how to install latest CyanogenMod 13 on your HTC One XL. You can read the guide below.
Note: This CyanogenMod 13 that based on Android Marshmallow 6.0, is going through development phase and may contain bugs and issues. All issues will be resolved as development progress.
This tutorial is only for HTC One XL. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone. Also, we are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log
Contacts & Settings
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power, otherwise your device may see a hard brick if device turn off during installation.
- You already have USB Driver Installed for HTC One XL in your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise you won’t able to transfer file between PC and mobile.
- Your device is rooted and have ClockworkMod Recovery Installed.
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to move further with this guide where we compile an easy to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android Marshmallow 6.0 based CyanogenMod 13 ROM custom firmware on HTC One XL.
In this page we have put together a detail step-by-step guide on how to flash custom ROM CyanogenMod 13 on HTC One XL. You first required to download CyanogenMod 13 ROM file and GApps file. Then follow the below mentioned procedure to install Android Marshmallow 6.0 based custom ROM CyanogenMod 13 in your HTC One XL.
- Make sure you checked all pre-requisites that we mentioned in last page.
- This may work with TWRP Recovery or any other similar custom recovery. We using ClockworkMod Recovery as most user have it.
- This is a custom firmware and neither Google nor HTC released it.
- Don’t try to skip any steps mentioned below as this may brick your device.
- Never skip Nandroid backup as it’s very helpful if this Android Marshmallow 6.0 based custom ROM CyanogenMod 13 ROM not work the way you want in your HTC One XL.
- If you stuck on boot or experiencing boot loop then perform wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache few more times before rebooting.
- Give the ROM at least 5 min after first boot to settle everything for you.
- Just about any Google Apps package should work.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- CyanogenMod 13 ROM 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM For HTC One XL [Download file that match your device]
- Google Apps
How to Install Android Marshmallow 6.0 based CyanogenMod 13 ROM on HTC One XL
- Connect your phone to PC using USB cable.
- Copy downloaded files to the SD card of your phone. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your phone.
- Now, boot into ClockworkMod recovery. Use Volume keys to browse between options in recovery while Power key to select an option.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM that you can restore later if this new ROM not work or you want to go back. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, perform data wiping task. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm your action. Wait few minutes till the data wipe is complete. Now come back to CWM recovery main menu. Select wipe cache partition and after wiping process done, select Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Now, locate the CyanogenMod 13 ROM ZIP file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by pressing Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose the gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into customized Android Marshmallow 6.0 ROM CyanogenMod 13. The first boot will take time, so be patient!
- Returning to Previous ROM: To go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congrats! Android Marshmallow 6.0 firmware based custom ROM CyanogenMod 13 is now installed and running on your HTC One XL. Share you customized Android Marshmallow 6.0 experience in comment.