HTC Sensation XL : Upgrade to Jellybean 4.2.2 official Firmware
If you are the owner of HTC Sensaction XL and looking for upgrade then this is the right place where you get easy instruction. HTC Sensation XL can now receive Jellybean 4.2.2 Official upgrade which is based on Vanilla RootBox custom ROM. You can also upgrade by in-built option but here we are discussing manual process. So follow the process and enjoy with new Jellybean 4.2.2 Official firmware.
Important Note: This Firmware forHTC Sensation XL is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would advice you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for HTC Sensation XL users to upgrade your device, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgardation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and donot miss even a single step.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for HTC Sensation XL
- First of all make sure that your device is HTC Sensation XL (Check at Settings> About ). Don’t try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your HTC Sensation XL is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now th important step,enable USB Debugging on your HTC Sensation XL (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your HTC Sensation XL is now ready for upgradation to Parandroid Jellybean Firmware.
- For final upgrade, you need to install the following two files:
1. Vanilla RootBox 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM For HTC Sensation XL . [The firmware file]
2. Odin 3.07 [The tool to be used for upgrade]
- First extract the Firmware Zip file which you’ve downloaded on your PC.
- The file you’ve downloaded would be a file of TAR extension.
- Now extract the Odin Zip file in a separate folder. This will contain Odin 3 v3.07.exe file and some support files.
- Now power off your HTC Sensation XL.
- Now restart your HTC Sensation XL in debugging mode (By pressing volume down key and home key together while switching on).
- This will give you a warning and press Volume down to enter debugging mode.
- Now right click the Odin3 v3.07.exe which was extracted earlier and select Run as Administrator.
- Now connect you HTC Sensation XL to PC using original USB cable. This will pop=up a message in Odin saying “Added!!”.
- You’ll also see COM port with a number written in Yellow which means the device is ready to be upgraded and rooted.
- Now Click the PDA Tab in Odin, and select the tar file from the above extracted folder.
- Also make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin.
- When done with all above process steps, click START button.
- This will start flashing your phone. Once it is completed, phone will restart automatically.
- Once PASS message appear in Odin, remove HTC Sensation XL from USB connection.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to Jellybean Firmware Enjoy your cellphone with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.