HTC HD2 : Upgrade to Jellybean 4.2 Firmware
HTC HD2 users can now upgrade their smartphone to Jellybean 4.2 Firmware by using easy steps given below. Jellybean 4.2 custom ROM firmware is best for HTC HD2. This is not official release by HTC, so thanks to XDA developer (sportsstar89) for such a wonderful upgrade. Jellybean 4.2 is based on ASOP buil. Its represented with all latest Jellybean 4.2 apps including Gesture Keyboard and other most featured apps.
Not Working Features:
- Wi-Fi (may work) .
Important Note: This Firmware is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would advice you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for layman users, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgradation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and don’t miss even a single step.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for HTC HD2
- First of all make sure that your device is HTC HD2 (Check at Settings> About Phone). Don’t try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- Also, this upgrade can only be executed on unlocked boot loader devices, and is not for devices which have model number other than HTC HD2.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your HTC HD2 is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now the important step,enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your HTC HD2 is now ready for upgradation to Liquidsmooth JellyBean 4.1.2 Firmware.
- First of all, download the Jellybean 4.2 Firmware Package on your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folder to the SD card using USB cable.
- Now disconnect you device from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now Press Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). Keeping holding them and switch on your Mobile using Power Key.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, Select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from SD card” >> “choose zip from internal SD card”.
- Then select the zipped folder you’ve downloaded and your HTC HD2 will start upgrading.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your cellphone.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to Jellybean 4.2 Enjoy your HTC HD2 with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.