Google Nexus 7: Upgrade to Liquid Smooth RC3 Custom ROM
If you have a Google nexus 7 and want to try a very peculiar interface on it, then you are at the right place as we are here giving an easy to follow upgradation guide which will help you install Liquid Smooth RC3 Custom ROM . Google nexus 7 as we all know is manufactured by Asus and comes with amazing ahrdware configuration.
Important Note: This Firmware is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would adive you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for layman users, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgradation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and donot miss even a single step.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for Google Nexus 7
- First of all make sure that your device is Google Nexus 7 (Check at Settings> About Phone). Donot try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- Also, this upgrade can only be executed on unlocked boot loader devices, and is not for any device other Google Nexus 7.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your Google Nexus 7 is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now th important step,enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your Google Nexus7 is now ready for upgradation to RC3.
- First of all, download the Liquid Smooth RC3 Custom ROM; and Google Apps Package on your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folder to the SD card using USB cable.
- Now disconnect you device from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now Press Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). Keeping holding them and switch on your Google Nexus 7 using Power Key.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, Select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from sd card” >> “choose zip from internal sd card”.
- Then select the zipped folder(first ROM, then Google Apps) you’ve downloaded and your Phone will start upgrading.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your Google Nexus 7.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to RC3 custom ROM. Enjoy your device with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.