Galaxy SL I9003 : Upgrade to S3 Styled REMICS v1.7 ICS Custom ROM Firmware
If you have Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 and looking for upgrade, then this is right place where you can get easy instructions for upgrade to Styled REMICS v1.7 ICS Custom Firmware. Please make sure that this is not a official firmware released by Samsung, this is custom Firmware developed by XDA Developer. All the new version of Remix UX ROM is presented as v1.7 for Galaxy SL I9003 and fixes all the bugs of Bluetooth pairing, Camera and other issues. So now follow the easy upgradation steps as given below for upgrade Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 to S3 Styled REMICS v1.7 ICS Custom ROM Firmware.
Important Note: This Firmware for Galaxy SL I9003 is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would advice you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for Galaxy SL I9003 users to upgrade your device, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgardation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and donot miss even a single step.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for Galaxy SL I9003
- First of all make sure that your device is Galaxy SL I9003 (Check at Settings> About ). Don’t try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your Galaxy SL I9003 is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now th important step,enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy SL I9003 (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your Galaxy SL I9003 is now ready for upgradation to S3 Styled REMICS v1.7 ICS Custom ROM Firmware.
- First of all, download the Custom ROM Firmware Package on your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folders to the SD card using USB cable.
- Now disconnect you device from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now the next step requires you to download the ROM Manager app from the PLAY Store on your device.
- Then open the ROM manager App in your Galaxy SL I9003 and select the option “Flash Clock Work Mod Recovery“.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, Select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from sd card” >> “choose zip from internal sd card”.
- Then select the zipped folder(first ROM, then Google Apps) you’ve downloaded and your Tablte will start upgrading.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your cellphone.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to S3 Styled REMICS v1.7 ICS Custom ROM Firmware. Enjoy your Galaxy SL I9003 with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.