Galaxy S2 GT I9100 : Upgrade to Jellybean 4.2 Custom ROM
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 owners can get their phone completely transformed after this post as we are posting about a custom ROM firmware based on Jellybean 4.2. This custom ROM for you Galaxy S2 is ebing referred by name Jellybam by the developer. No doubt, it is yet one of the best android based cellphones whith extremely good hardware configuration. If you want to upgrade to Jellybean 4.2, all you need to do is just check out this post carefully. And, you will be able to can install the latest firmware which is claimed to increase the efficiency as it has features of famous custom ROMs including AOKP, CM10 and PARANOID.
Top Features of Jellybam firmware for Galaxy S2
- It contains features from various custom firmwares such as AOKP, CM10 and PARANOID .
- It has a lot of customisation.
- Aroma Installer is pre-installed.
- Google Apps for Android 4.2 Supported.
- Games, Keyboard design from Jellybean.
- Updated Mali Drivers.
- Google Play Store for 4.2
Important Note: This Firmware is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would adive you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for layman users, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgardation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and donot miss even a single step.
- First of all make sure that your device is Samsung Galaxy S2 GTI9100 Contract(Check at Settings> About Phone). Donot try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- Also, this upgrade can only be executed on unlocked boot loader devices, and is not for devices which have model number I9100.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your Galaxy S2 is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now th important step,enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your Galaxy S2 is now ready for upgradation to Jellybean 4.1.1
- First of all, download the Jellybam 4.2 Firmware Package on your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folder to the SD card using USB cable.
- Now disconnect you device from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now Press Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). Keeping holding them and switch on your Mobile using Power Key.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, Select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from sd card” >> “choose zip from internal sd card”.
- Then select the zipped folder you’ve downloaded and your Phone will start upgrading.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your cellphone.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to Jellybam 4.2 ROM Enjoy your cellphone with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.