Galaxy S2 GT I9100 users can now upgrade with Jellybean 4.1.2 XWLSR Firmware . This firmware is bugs free, all issues related camera and gallery are fixed. The good news is that it comes with optimize battery life with latest Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware with new features. So if you are interested to enjoy with your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Jellybean 4.1.2 XWLSR Firmware then follow the steps as given below.
Important Note: This Firmware is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would advice you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for layman users, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgardation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and donot miss even a single step.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for Galaxy S2 GT I9100
- First of all make sure that your device is Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 Contract(Check at Settings> About Phone). Donot try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- Also, this upgrade can only be executed on unlocked boot loader devices, and is not for devices which have model number I9100.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your Galaxy S2 is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now th important step,enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your Galaxy S2 is now ready for upgradation to Jellybean 4.1.2 XWLSR Firmware.
- For final upgrade, you need to install the following two files:
1. Jellybean 4.1.2 XWLSR Firmware . [The firmware file]
2. Odin 3.07 [The tool to be used for upgrade]
- First extract the Firmware Zip file which you’ve downloaded on your PC.
- The file you’ve downloaded would be a file of TAR extension.
- Now extract the Odin Zip file in a separate folder. This will contain Odin 3 v3.07.exe file and some support files.
- Now power off your Galaxy S2 GT I9100.
- Now restart your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 in debugging mode (By pressing volume down key and home key together while switching on).
- This will give you a warning and press Volume down to enter debugging mode.
- Now right click the Odin3 v3.07.exe which was extracted earlier and select Run as Administrator.
- Now connect you Galaxy S2 GT I9100 to PC using original USB cable. This will pop=up a message in Odin saying “Added!!”.
- You’ll also see COM port with a number written in Yellow which means the device is ready to be upgraded and rooted.
- Now Click the PDA Tab in Odin, and select the tar file from the above extracted folder.
- Also make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin.
- When done with all above process steps, click START button.
- This will start flashing your phone. Once it is completed, phone will restart automatically.
- Once PASS message appear in Odin, remove Galaxy S2 GT I9100 from USB connection.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to Jellybean 4.1.2 XWLSR Firmware Enjoy your cellphone with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.