Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 launched in india recently, So the owner of Galaxy Grand I9082 can now upgraded with official Jellybean 4.1.2 XXAMAB Firmware. This upgrade will fixed all the issues related few applications and issue related Camera also. This official upgrade released by Samsung, but unfortunately it is available only selected countries. So if you really want to upgrade your Galaxy Grand I9082 with official Jellybean 4.1.2 XXAMAB Firmware, then follow the instruction as given below.
Important Note: This Firmware for Galaxy Grand I9082 is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would advice you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for Galaxy Grand I9082 users to upgrade your device, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and do not miss even a single step.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for Galaxy Grand I9082
- Before starting the upgrade process, make sure that your device is Galaxy Grand I9082 (This can be checked at Settings> About ). Please do not upgrade on any other cellphone.
- The first step is to take complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Also backup your important data such as SMS, Contacts etc. on PC using one of the backup Apps available at Google Play Store.
- Also make sure that your smartphone i.e. Galaxy Grand I9082 is at-least 75% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device and PC. If you use Kies, please uninstall it.
- Now the most important step,enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy Grand I9082(The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your Galaxy Grand I9082 is now ready for upgradation to Official Jellybean 4.1.2 XXAMAB Firmware.
Final Upgradation Steps for Galaxy S3 i9300T
- For final upgrade, you need to install the following two files:
1. XXAMAB Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package . [The firmware file]
2. Odin 3.07 [The tool to be used for upgrade]
- First extract the Firmware Zip file which you’ve downloaded on your PC.
- The file you’ve downloaded would be a file of TAR extension.
- Now extract the Odin Zip file in a separate folder. This will contain Odin 3 v3.07.exe file and some support files.
- Now power off your Galaxy Grand I9082.
- Now restart your Galaxy Grand I9082 in debugging mode (By pressing volume down key and home key together while switching on).
- This will give you a warning and press Volume down to enter debugging mode.
- Now right click the Odin3 v3.07.exe which was extracted earlier and select Run as Administrator.
- Now connect you Galaxy Grand I9082 to PC using original USB cable. This will pop=up a message in Odin saying “Added!!”.
- You’ll also see COM port with a number written in Yellow which means the device is ready to be upgraded and rooted.
- Now Click the PDA Tab in Odin, and select the CF-Auto-Root-m0skt-m0skt-shwm440s.tar.md5 file.
- Also make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin.
- When done with all above process steps, click START button.
- This will start flashing your phone. Onc it is completed, phone will restart automatically.
- Once PASS message appear in Odin, remove Galaxy Grand I9082 from USB connection.
And with this your Galaxy Grand I9082 is rooted and have Official Jellybean 4.1.2 XXAMAB Firmware. Now enjoy any App on it which needs root permission. If you face an issue, feel free to raise it in comments below and we’ll reply.