Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830i user can also upgrade their devices to XXLK3 Android 2.3.6 firmware. This is a official release by Samsung. The latest rolled out official upgrade for mid range smartphone is XXLK3 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread. The Upgrade is also available on KIES as well as Over The Air (OTA) but you are not able to do that way then use manual upgrade. For the manual upgrade please follow the instruction steps as given below .
Important Note: This Firmware is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would advice you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for layman users, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgardation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and donot miss even a single step.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for Galaxy ACE S5830ii
- First of all make sure that your device is Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830i(Check at Settings> About Phone). Donot try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your Galaxy ACE I5830 is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now th important step,enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your Galaxy ACE S5830i is now ready for upgradation to XXLK3 Android 2.3.6 Firmware.
- First of all, download the Android 2.3.6 XXLK3 for Galaxy Ace S5830I and Odin 3.07 in your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folder to the SD card using USB cable.
- Now disconnect your Galaxy ACE S5830i from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now Press Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). Keeping holding them and switch on your Mobile using Power Key.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, Select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from SD card” >> “choose zip from internal sd card”.
- Then select the zipped folder you’ve downloaded and your Phone will start upgrading.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your cellphone.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded your Galaxy ACE S5830i to Droid ACE v2.1 Firmware . Enjoy your Galaxy ACE S5830i with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below