Galaxy ACE S5830 : Upgrade to APOCALYPSE Custom ROM
If you have Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 smartphone and want to use the most popular custom ROM firmware then this is right place as it helps you to easily apply and upgrade to custom ROM firmware which is being named APOCALYPSE. It is based on Cyanogen Mod 7. In the recent days, various custom ROM firmwares have been tried and seen deeply by us and APOCALYPSE Custom ROM Firmware is one of the most popular. So we decided to include it in the list of custom ROM firmwares. The main purpose of this post is to update new custom ROM firmware. So follow the instructions as given below.
Main Features of APOCALYPSE Custom ROM for Galaxy ACE S5830
- Menu Settings in ICS-Style.
- New Stylish ICS Transparent Theme.
- Centered Clock for better visibility.
- Transparent Status bar for better user interface.
- Stylish semi-transparent lock-screen in black.
Important Note: This Firmware is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would adive you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for layman users, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgardation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and donot miss even a single step.
- First of all make sure that your device is Samsung GalaxyACE S5830.(Check at Settings> About Phone). Donot try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- Also, this upgrade can only be executed on unlocked boot loader devices, and is not for devices which have model number S5830.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your Galaxy ACE S5830 is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your Device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now th important step,enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your Galaxy ACE S5830 is now ready for upgradation to APOCALYPSE Custom ROM Firmware.
- First of all, download the APOCALYPSE firmware package on your Laptop/PC.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folder to the SD card using USB cable.
- Now disconnect you device from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now Press Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). Keeping holding them and switch on your Mobile using Power Key.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, Select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from sd card” >> “choose zip from internal sd card”.
- Then select the zipped folder you’ve downloaded and your Phone will start upgrading.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your cellphone.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded your Galaxy ACE S5830 to APOCALYPSE Custom ROM Firmware. Enjoy your cellphone with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.