FireFox Planned To Launch Keon and Peak Smartphones With Firefox OS
Firefox the world’s leader in web browsers has stepped into the race of smartphones market. Firefox has developed its new operating system Firefox OS built up using open web standards. It uses HTML5 as a developing language for apps which can make functions like phone calls, messages, and profile change easy.
Firefox will help to bring the power of web to mobile. These developer phones are being developed by Geeksphone in partnership with Telefonica. It could probably launch in February of 2015.
Likewise other open source platform, you can develop and build apps with Firefox OS, this operating system is perfect alternative of Android and Ios and its highly expected by industry experts and apps developers.
Mozilla inc announced that Keon and Peak the two new beasts powered by QUALCOMM snapdragon processors, here are some important specs of these smart phones.
Specifications of Firefox Keon model
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 1Ghz processor
- Quadband GSM 850/900/1800/1900 (2G EDGE)
- 3.5 inches HVGA Multitouch screen
- 3 MP Camera rear facing camera
- 4GB of ROM and 512 MB of RAM memory
- MicroSD slot, Wi-Fi N, Light and proximity Sensor, G-Sensor, GPS navigation, MicroUSB slot for data transfer.
- 1580 mAh battery
Specifications of The Firefox Peak model
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.2Ghz x2 CPU
- Quadband GSM 850/900/1800/1900 (2G EDGE).
- qHD IPS Multitouch 4.3 inches screen.
- 8 MP rear facing and 2MP front shooter for Skype videocalls.
- 4 GB of ROM and 512 of RAM.
- MicroSD support,Wi-Fi N connectivity, G-Sensor, Light and proximity Sensor, GPS navigation, MicroUSB slot, Camera Flash.
- 1800 mAh Battery.
Why develop an app for Firefox OS?
Like how too many developers for android and iOs, Mozilla planned to launch these smart phones with open source mobile based OS has come in open web platform where user can develop their desired apps as they like on. HTML and other web programming languages are easily supported by all kind of mobile smartphones and it would make Firefox OS to run on all the available devices irrespective of their OS. Firefox OS offers Simplicity in the developing language and freedom to change, write or edit the available apps on any way the user desire.
So all we suggest it wait for sometimes until Mozilla launch these two beasts in the smart phone market.
About the Author: David Work for robustbuy which is largest China Wholesale web store where you can find everything from Video games to tablets etc for cheap rates.