Asus Zenfone 2 : Upgrade to Android Marshmallow – CyanogenMod 13
Asus Zenfone 2 is the flagship device of Asus. It has already received update of latest version of Android. If you are the owner of Zenfone 2 and looking for upgrade then this is the right place where you can get easy instruction. This firmware comes with bug free auto-updates but be advised that this is not official release by Asus. Asus Zenfone 2 already received root method as well as custom recovery. So if you really interested to upgrade please follow the instruction given below.
Important Note: This Firmware is taken from a very reliable developer from XDA Forum and is completely safe to install on your device.Yet we would advice you to go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author can be held responsible for any problem in upgradation such as bricking of Device. However, this happens only in rare cases.Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any) after upgrade.
To make it easier for Asus Zenfone 2 users, the entire upgradation process has been divided into two easy to understand parts:
- Pre-Upgradation Steps.
- Final Upgradation Steps.
Please follow all the steps with extra care and do not miss even a single step.
Pre-Upgradation Steps for Asus Zenfone 2
- First of all make sure that your device is Asus Zenfone 2.(Check at Settings> About Phone). Don’t try to run this upgrade on any other version.
- Also, this upgrade can only be executed on unlocked boot loader devices.
- We would advice the users to first take a complete backup of the existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.can also be backed-up on PC or any other device .
- Also make sure that your Asus Zenfone 2 is at-least 55% charged as the upgrade will be done on the battery power.
- Next, we would recommend to disable all the anti-virus(if any) which are running on your device. Also uninstall the Kies package from the computer which will be used to upgrade.
- Now the important step,enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (The option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- With this, your Asus Zenfone 2 is now ready for upgradation to CyanogenMod 13 Custom Firmware.
Final Upgradation for Asus Zenfone 2
- First of all, download the CM13 on your Laptop/PC. Google Apps are available here.
- After the download is done, transfer the Zipped folder to the SD card of Zenfone 2 using USB cable.
- Now disconnect your Asus Zenfone 2 from PC/Laptop and turn it off (so that it can be started into recovery mode).
- Now Press Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). Keeping holding them and switch on your Mobile using Power Key.
- Your device will now boot in recovery mode. If it is not, try repeating the above steps.
- Now in the recovery mode, Select “Wipe data/factory reset” >> “Wipe Cache partition”.
- Then select “install zip from SD card” >> “choose zip from internal SD card”.
- Then select the zipped folder you’ve downloaded and your Phone will start upgrading.
- Repeat same steps for Google Apps.
- After the upgrade is completed, just restart your cellphone.
With this, you’ve successfully upgraded to CyanogenMod 13. Enjoy your Asus Zenfone 2 with more efficiency. If you face any issues during upgradation, feel free to ask us in the form of comments below.